Many people have moles. For the most part they are benign and painless, but sometimes they are unsightly or a nuisance. In these instances, many people opt to get them removed.
There are two ways to get rid of an unwanted mole: naturally or surgically. The natural way involves the application of various natural products over a period of time, so it can take quite a while – often several weeks – for the offending mole to disappear. Surgical removal, on the other hand, usually takes less than an hour and practically ally signs of the mole are gone within a few days. Mole removal surgery can be carried out under local anaesthetic at your doctor’s office.
To check on your surgical options you should visit your doctor for advice. The doctor will be able to give you all the details you need and will tell you which type of mole removal surgery is best for you. The most common techniques are described below.
One of the most popular mole removal methods, cryotherapy involves the application of liquid nitrogen to the site of the mole. This freezes the mole, which then falls from the skin by itself. The method is very quick and easy, especially for small moles.
The doctor first cleans the mole and the immediate surrounding area and then applies a local anaesthetic. After using a scalpel to shave the mole down to skin level, the doctor uses an electric cautery to burn the wound to prevent bleeding. The wound is then treated with an antibiotic cream or gel and covered to prevent infection. This method is usually used on moles that stand proud of the surface of the skin, but there is a risk that the mole may grow back later.
Excision with stitches
As with cauterisation, the area around the mole is first cleansed and anaesthetised. The doctor then uses a scalpel to excise the mole and some of the surrounding area (the amount removed depending on the assessed risk of the mole being malignant). The resulting wound is closed either by sutures below the skin, which will dissolve naturally, or on the surface, in which case they are removed later. This procedure is favoured if the mole has an unusual size, shape or colour. Once removed, the doctor will usually send the mole for laboratory examination. If it is found to be malignant, the doctor will operate again to ensure that all malignant cells are removed.
In recent years, laser mole removal surgery has gained in popularity. Lasers burn the mole away by using an intense light beam to break down the cells. It is only useful on very shallow moles but, before using this method, you should have a biopsy done because laser surgery completely destroys the mole, so afterwards it is impossible to check if it was malignant.
My name is Matthew Morris. PR consultant for Circle Partnership.
Thousands of athletes test their endurance each year by participating in triathlons. It’s no wonder that many companies focus on manufacturing specialized gear and equipment for those who race in triathlons. If you are gearing up for your first triathlon, you may be wondering what type of equipment you need. Here are a few tips on getting ready for your first triathlon race.
Choose the Right Triathlon
Although all triathlons involve a combination of running, swimming, and cycling, each race has varying distances of each event. The race you choose should correlate directly with your skill, physical fitness, and abilities. If this is your first race, it may be best to begin with a shorter distance in order to get a feel for the way the race is organized. Triathlon races include:
- Sprint: This short triathlon generally involves one-half mile of swimming, one to three miles of running, and a five to fifteen mile bike ride.
- Olympic: The Olympic triathlon includes nearly one mile of swimming, six miles of running, and a 25 mile cycling event.
- Half Ironman: The Half Ironman is quite a feat at a little over a mile of swimming, a thirteen mile run, followed by a fifty-six mile bike ride.
- Ironman: To complete the Ironman is truly an accomplishment. It involves a two and a half mile swim, twenty-six mile run, and one hundred and twelve mile bike.
After registering for your race, check to see if there are any training groups available in your area. You can also sign up to attack the race with a friend and help each other train along the way.
You’ll find that athletes have different preferences and tactics when it comes to dressing on the day of the race. Some racers will change after each leg of the race, and others opt for quicker transitions if any at all. Depending on the race you choose may determine whether or not you’ll want to change after each event. For instance, if you are participating in the Ironman, you’ll want to change after each event so that you are comfortable for the event in front of you. Since the Ironman is such a long race, a few seconds of changing is well worth the additional comfort you will feel.
- Tri-Shorts: Designed to withstand wind, water, and sunshine, these shorts are specifically designed for the triathlete in mind. Not only do they block harmful UV rays, but they also dry very quickly.
- Swimming Gear: The swimming event is often the first event of the race. To ensure that you are comfortable during your long swim, you may want to wear a wet suit, goggles, and a cap. Keep in mind that if the temperature of the water is over 84°F, USA Triathlon will not allow wetsuits to be worn.
- Cycling Gear: From road bikes and mountain bikes, to bikes made specifically for triathlons, you can find the best bike that fits your skill and fitness level.
- Shoes: Triathlon running shoes are vital, especially if you are running a longer distance. These days, you can find a triathlon store that can customize your running shoes to your unique style.
Running in a triathlon is an amazing experience. Once you’ve tackled your first race, you’ll be excited to start training for your next triathlon.
Article courtesy of All3Sports.com.
When it comes to acne breakouts everyone wants to prevent them. However you do not want to have to use harsh chemicals on your face and other sensitive areas. So, what do you do? Here are some great ways to prevent acne breakouts:
1. Water – The first thing you can do to prevent breakouts is to drink lots of water. Acne is usually a result of clogged pores. The pores become clogged with dead skin, bacteria, and unhealthy secretions. The more water you drink the more hydrated your skin is and the less concentrated your secretions are. Dry skin flakes and clogs and bad eating habits lead to oily secretions. Fight both of these by staying hydrated.
2. Natural soap – Natural soaps that are free from dyes and harsh chemicals are a great way to help prevent breakouts. If you can wash your face two to three times a day with natural soaps you can help to prevent your pores from being clogged and keep bacteria from building up. Make sure that the soap is oil free and contains moisturizing ingredients to keep your skin from drying and flaking which can cause further acne breakouts. You can find natural soaps in many stores or you can even make your own if you would like. There are many step by step guides to making your own soap that are easy to follow and work well as some natural soaps at the store can be expensive.
3. Oil free moisturizer – In combination with the natural soaps you should also find a natural oil free moisturizer. Try to find one with vitamins E and A if possible as they also help to smooth skin and keep away acne. A moisturizer that does not clog pores is a great way to keep your face from flaking and keep your pores small so they are not open to bacteria. There are many oil free moisturizers with all natural ingredients at the store or you can try other moisture alternatives like…
4. Cucumber – A great natural moisturizer cucumber is well known for its uplifting properties. In order to use cucumber as a moisturizer you should but a whole cucumber, preferably organic. Chill the cucumber in your refrigerator and then peel and dice the vegetable. Using a blender or food processor, puree the cucumber until it is smooth. Spread a thick layer over your face or other affected areas and let it sit for around fifteen mites. Then rinse off with warm water. You can store leftover cucumber in the refrigerator for up to three days. One cucumber should do several treatments.
5. Yogurt – If you have a lot of blackheads or breakouts and want a treatment as well as a preventative you can always turn to yogurt. Plain natural yogurt helps to fight bad bacteria that causes breakouts and also helps to remove dead skin cells. The bacteria in the yogurt eats away the dead cells leaving your face smooth and moisturized. It also kills the bad bacteria. Just spread a thick layer over your face and let it sit for fifteen to thirty minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
Ken Myers is the founder of http://www.longhornleads.com/ & has learned over the years the importance of focusing on what the customer is looking for and literally serving it to them. He doesn’t try to create a need, instead he tries to satisfy the existing demand for information on products and services.
Recovering from injuries can be hard and arduous journeys. In order to heal properly and efficiently from broken bones, pulled muscles, and other long term injuries, you should actively ensure that they are aiding their own recovery. Every recovery process is different, but seeing a physician, eating healthy, working out responsibly, and safe proofing the home can streamline the recovery process.
See Your Physician
When you or a family member is injured, the first step should be to consult a medical expert. While not all injuries require a physician’s diagnosis, some injuries require medical attention. You should seek medical attention for yourself or a family member if:
* The injury leads to prolonged pain. Pain that does not fade could be a symptom of a serious medical issue.
* If a self-diagnosed twisted muscle swells or if you can feel a break in the bone. If a bone is not set by a medical professional, it will heal wrong and need to be re-broken. Chances are the injured party will be awake during the process.
* If a cut or gash gaps enough that you can see the bone or the flesh cut open to the point where healing will not happen without stitches.
Get The Right Vitamins
Healthy eating is paramount while the body is healing. If the body does not receive the correct nutrients, the recovery time will be longer. A dietitian can recommend the healthiest diet to aid in recovery. Until a dietician can be consulted you should remember to increase your Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Zinc intake.
* Vitamin C is used by the body to heal tendons and bones. The stress that your injury causes on the body and mind will result in the body absorbing less Vitamin C. The vitamin is found in most fruits and vegetables.
* Vitamin A increases the effectiveness of the immune system and aids in bone and cell development.
* Zinc is a nutrient that boosts the immune system and aids healing.
The final thing to remember about healthy eating is that your normal calorie consumption might not meet your body’s needs. Under normal circumstances regular physical activity burned through excess calories. Injuries may lead to an inability to exercise; if normal eating habits are retained, you may see weight gain while you are injured. You should cut back on your calorie intake until you heal enough to start physical therapy or restart your normal workout schedule.
Engage in Safe Exercises
Lack of exercise while injured can lead to the weakening of muscles, weight gain, and depression. To maintain physical and mental health, people recovering from injuries should try to get in some form of exercise.
* Consult a doctor or physical therapist about whether or not the body is ready to begin a regular workout routine.
* Do not overexert when exercising. Overexertion could lead to further injury.
* Work out areas of the body that are not affected by the injury.
* If you or a family member experience pain while working out and a physical therapist is not present during the exercise session, stop the exercise routine until a medical professional can be consulted.
Safety Proof Your Home
Injured individuals can experience unsteadiness, an abnormal weakness to the muscles, and an inability to maneuver with the same level of balance and agility. In cases where an injury makes maneuvering around the home difficult, the current layout of your home can be rearranged and new items can be temporarily or permanently installed to increase safety.
* Ensure that the injured family member’s bedroom is as close to the kitchen, bathroom, and family room as possible. It would be best if the room was on the first floor because stairs can be hard to navigate with some injuries. An accidental fall can lead to further injury.
* Grab bars near the bathtub and toilet. Temporary or permanent grab bars can be purchased. The temporary uses suction technology and the permanent is drilled into the wall.
* Crutches if not provided by a doctor, but you are unable to maneuver around the house safely.
* Bath and shower seats can be purchased. Both will limit the amount of maneuvering necessary to accomplish basic tasks. This is especially important because bathrooms often become water hazards.
Injury recovery can be a long process. A smooth recovery is not assured. The failure to consult the proper medical professionals, an unhealthy diet, a lack of physical activity, and a home that does not offer a safe environment to heal could lead to set backs in the healing process. If health is the highest priority while injured, you and your family should be back to running marathons together before you know it.
Jared Pennington is a health and wellness writer who spent the majority of his youth in athletic training rooms weathering every little injury known to man. When he’s not running or rock climbing he writes for Just Home Medical, a supplier of home aides to assist the injured and disabled.
Stress can be a good thing. It is a little stress that helps us to reach our goals or keep on top of life’s demands. Without stress, it is likely that nothing would ever get done!
However, when the stress gets to be too much, it can have serious effects on your health. Amongst other things, stress can lead to high blood pressure, strokes and event heart disease. On a psychological level, it can cause anxiety, panic attacks, social hostility, etc. So, if you are under too much stress, it is incredibly important that you find a way to relieve that stress. Even temporarily, relieving the stress can make you feel much better. But how can you do this.
Have you ever considered aromatherapy? Aromatherapy is the practice of using scents and essential oils to create a certain desired effect.
To calm stress, a lovely long soak in Baldwin’s Synergy Harmonising Bath Oil could be just what you need. It includes a blend of essential oils that are fantastic for inducing relaxation. In particular, it has lavender extract – which is widely accepted as the number one thing for stress relief and relaxation. If you need any more relaxation, you could also buy a bottle of the body oil, which you can just massage into your skin, or you could add a little to a bowl of water to the room and let it fill the air with wonderful relaxing fragrance.
You could even invest in a diffuser or burner, especially for your oils. Oil burners work by heating up the oils, thus slowly allowing them to evaporate into the air; whist diffusers are great for ensuring a constant and steady release of the oil.
Once you have finished with your oils, it is very important that you keep it well sealed – if you leave it exposed it will become useless, as all of the aroma will be lost. A wide variety of storage bottles can be purchased in all shapes and sizes for oil storage, and are especially great if you like to mix aromas.
No longer is the problem of bleeding gums associated with adults only. Unhygienic oral health and inconsistent flossing habits have made this a common issue these days. People having bleeding gums complain about the pain and discomfort caused due to blood secretion. This problem has become so common these days that people do not even bother to visit a dentist and learn about the causes. They keep on taking pain killers until the pain becomes unbearable and incurable by the regular analgesic drugs.
Natural remedies for bleeding gums are a perfect solution. These home remedies have proved to be very successful over the last few years, even in the cure of some severe cases of bleeding gums. This article presents some of the most effective natural remedies for bleeding gums.
Vitamin C/Citrus Fruits
Intake of vitamin C through fruits and natural products is the most ancient and effective cure for bleeding gums. Back in the Renaissance period, sailors used to eat lime to protect their gums from bleeding. All the citrus foods are rich in vitamin C. For those suffering from bleeding gums, increase the intake of your favorite citrus fruits. These include oranges, mango, lime, kiwi, grapefruit, strawberry and papaya. Also try to add red peppers, broccoli or cantaloupe in your daily meals. Moreover, it is not advisable to take vitamin C chewable candies or supplements without proper medical consultation as these may cause acidity or allergies to some.
Doctors highly recommend people of all ages to drink two glasses of milk on a daily basis. Milk is a high source of calcium, which strengthens the gums and prevents them from bleeding. People who are allergic to lactose may take soya milk and yogurt to fulfill the daily need of calcium.
Clove is one of the most successful natural remedies for bleeding gums. It can be used either way, chewing or just keeping it in the mouth. Gentle massage of clove oil on gums also prevents the gums from bleeding.
Baking soda is one of the oldest and easiest home remedies for the treatment of bleeding gums. The acidic properties of baking soda serve as an anti-bacterial agent which fights off the infection and prevents the gums from bleeding. It can either be directly applied to the mouth, or can be applied in the form of a thick paste of soda and water.
Green tea is one of the quickest ways to stop the gums from bleeding. Those who do not like green tea can just gargle with it. The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea reduce the bleeding and minimize the pain. You can also add some grated ginger in the tea. This will elevate the immunity system and help in the cure of infection.
Tea Tree Oil
The antibiotic properties of tea tree oil gives immediate relief from pain and long-term use can cure the gum infection. One should not apply the oil directly however. It is recommended to use an approved and medicated tea tree oil toothpaste twice a day.
Raw vegetables, cranberry juice, basil leaves and chamomile oil are some other natural medicines for the treatment of bleeding gums. Moreover, a gentle gums massage is highly recommended as it increases the blood circulation and strengthens the gums. Dental flossing and routine checkups are a few things that one should never forget.
Natural remedies are always harmless with no side effects. The right application of home remedies eliminates the need of dental treatments, extractions or surgeries. It is better to opt for natural remedies when the problem first appears, rather than waiting for it get worse and incurable through home treatment.
There are many types of weight loss programs that are available on the internet, in books and also on the media. Weight loss concern has increased over the last couple of years. All the weight loss sites give users the latest programs, diet pills, more effective, healthy lifestyle approach towards weight loss. There are so many of these online weight loss resources to choose from. However, how will you which program is the best for you? It all comes down to an individual’s personal preference but there are also comparisons that you may make over the features and the customer service that each program entails to its consumers.
Weight loss resources offers a variety of tools which are designed specifically to assist the individual in losing weight through making changes in his lifestyle. The emphasis comes in combining the changes to ones diet with the healthy exercising programs so as to achieve maximum weight loss results safely.
There also tools provide on the food diet, the exercise routine, and a calorie counter, with a personal goal for weight loss so that you may reflect back and update your program easily and quickly.
Features Of A Good Weight Loss Program
Since there are varieties of weight loss programs that are available in the market it makes it harder for an individual to choose from one. Some of these programs may expect you to cut on your meals, to poison your body with some diet pills or to eat some additive meal replacements. However you don’t have to subject your body to such torture in pursuit of weight loss. Therefore ensure that you look for a healthy and a balanced weight loss program that will suit your needs without subjecting you to unnecessary risks.
First a good program should be based on naturally healthy and unprocessed food involving eating real food and not the synthetic meal replacements. The food consumed should be close to its natural state. For instance fruits, whole grains, seeds, vegetables, nuts, organic dairy, ad other unprocessed rich nutrient foods. Other types of low calorie diet will assist you in losing weight. However if you want to stay healthy it is vital to include fresh high quality foods and to eat adequately. Hence avoid those diet plans that may require you living on junk foods or meal replacements drinks.
Avoid Diet Pills
Diet pills may sometime assist individuals in losing weight quickly. However the long term effects on the body are risky and unsure. Risking the health state of your body for the purpose of short-term weight loss is not a good idea especially if you don’t change your lifestyle and eating habits. With a healthy balanced diet and exercises there’s no need for pills to lose weight and a good weight loss program won’t expect you to pop pills.
You may lose weight also through exercising programs. However, exercising is not only purposed for weight loss but also to maintain your long term health. Exercising is important for preventing chronic problems and it gives your body energy levels and moods a healthy boost. Moreover exercising makes weight loss easy since you will burn the calories during workouts. Your body metabolism will increase and this will build lean muscle tissue which is metabolically active than fat. This also means that you tend to burn even more calories even when you are asleep. For optimal health, make sure that the weight loss program should include at least 20 minutes of exercises three to four days in a week.
It is essential that you give your body enough food when trying to lose weight. Avoid skipping meals or going on crashing diets. That will stress your body and decrease the energy levels thus making over-eating a possibility. If you have a habit of under eating you are at risk of malnutrition and losing your muscle mass. Skipping meals won’t assist you to lose weight since your body metabolism is low. This will make burning fat more hard and you will be and you will gain more weight when you start to eat normally. For a healthy weight loss program at least eat three meals in a day and don’t skip and meals.
A diet program that depends on the short term techniques such as cutting meals, taking pills or reducing your body calories won’t help at all in weight loss permanently and wont assist you to stay healthy for a longer period of time. Such programs tend not to stay for long since the body at some point will resist and force you to over eat.
In today’s medical field, advanced medicines and procedures are around that people would not believe just 100 years ago. Of all the advancements of modern healthcare, one procedure has changed the face of modern medicine forever; literally. That of course is plastic surgery. Plastic surgery is a quickly expanding market for the purpose of reshaping one’s physical characteristics for the enhancement of one’s appearance. The technical term for cosmetic surgery is medical aesthetics. Here is a list of some of the most common forms of medical aesthetics that are performed millions of times a year in America.
1) Lipoplasty: This is a form of cosmetic surgery that helps the patient sculpt their body. This is a very popular surgery in America which helps eliminate pockets of fat including “love handles” and “Saddle bags”. The surgery is fairly quick and requires the doctor to simply vacuum the fat out of the region that is to be reduced. The surgery is fairly safe and the patient should be back to full production within a week.
2) Breast Augmentation: This is a medical prosthesis to help modify, shape, or recreate the physical form of a womans breast. Breast implants are filled with saline or silicone bags that are surgically inserted under a woman’s breast to enhance the shape and size. Although used in cosmetics, it is also very commonly used in breast cancer reconstruction after the cancer is removed.
3) Blepharoplasty: Also known as eyelid surgery helps to tighten loose skin or remove bags from the bottom eyelid and reduce wrinkles. The surgery works by performing external incisions into the skin below the eye, and removing excess fat from the area. The results of the surgery are also not immediate, but require a several months until final results are noticeable and stable.
4) Rhinoplasty: Or the nose job is the surgical procedure which reshapes and corrects the nose. This is a very difficult surgery because there are so many variables involved. Everybody has a different nose and for this the surgery requires a specialist. Different types of Rhinoplasty include nasal reconstruction, surgical anatomy for nasal reconstruction, and correction of defect and deformity. Each operation has several techniques and principles to follow. However, modern medical advances and research have made the operation relatively safe, and cosmetically a nose can be reshaped just about any way a patient would like to have it be formed too.
Bard PVOEM is a top ePTFE manufacturer and a trusted name in the medical field for reconstructive surgery materials.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t check my Facebook or read a beauty or health article without coming across coconut oil. So what is it good for, and why is it so popular right now? I did a little research AFTER I bought my virgin, unrefined organic cocunut oil from my local Sprouts, and I am so excited to give it a try! I am always looking for a way to take care of myself with a 100% natural regimen. Cocunut oil is not only great for your skin, it is also great for your health. Here are some of the most popular things cocunut oil is used for.
1. Skin moisturizer. One of the leading uses for cocunut oil is for the treatment of psoriasis, a skin condition involving extremely dry skin. Even for all of us with relatively dry skin, we can apply it all over our body literally from head to toe to help with any dry skin issues we may have.
2. Facial. Coconut oil is kind of a miracle oil it seems. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties. So what does this mean for all of us 30-somethings that have acne AND wrinkles and don’t want to resort to chemicals?! We have help! Coconut oil will help your acne blemishes heal faster and will keep your skin moisturized to help wrinkles as well. The antioxidant properties of coconut oil is what helps fight those wrinkles, and this all-natural oil is perfect for the delicate skin around your eyes!
3. Cooking oil. It can be used to replace any other fat you use to cook with for the most part. Use it instead of butter or margarine when sauteeing, etc. It is meant for use at medium heat on the stove, so for a very high heat recipe, stick with olive or canola oil. I use it to cook eggs for my family even, and it gives them a really nice flavor!
4. Exfoliant. Add some granulated sugar to some coconut oil and you have a natural exfoliant! It smells and feels great on your skin. Use it anywhere on your body except your face – any exfoliant that is not perfectly spherical can make microscopic cuts in your delicate facial skin and make acne and wrinkles actually worse. I am personally going to put this in a mason jar to keep in my bathroom for the bath and my hands!
5. Hair treatment. Apply the coconut oil to the ends of your hair to give it a nourishing oil treatment and help repair split ends. Apply it to you or your baby’s scalp and it helps with dandruff or cradle cap. I’m telling you – this stuff is amazing!
6. Dietary supplement. Take up to 3 Tbsp. a day in your regular diet to boost your overall health. It has so many benefits I can’t list them all here, so check out this Dr. Oz article for the dietary benefits of cocunut oil. It helps everything from candidas to raising your good cholesterol and lowering your bad cholesterol.
So go and get yourself a jar of unrefined, organic coconut oil and clean out all of your chemical products you haven’t used in the last year and get on track to a glowing, more youthful you!
Author bio: Karen is a writer for Fort Worth Security Systems and can be found typing away with her coconut-moisturized fingers and youthful, glowing face.
Many people are not aware of the causes, signs, treatment and prevention of vascular disease. Severe vascular disease represents long term damages as well as the deterioration of complete destruction of the vessels of the blood that are found in the body. There are several terminologies that are used to describe vascular disease such as varicose veins, peripheral artery ailment and severe venous insufficiency among others. Every heart specialist encourages individuals to be aware of their body and any abnormal functions as well as the importance of going for treatment when he or she notices that there is something wrong with the body.
What is Vascular Disease?
This condition can be defined medically as the interruption of the flow of blood in the body. The body is known to comprise of arteries that transport the oxygenated blood from the vein and heart and back to the heart. Any ailment or damage that has an effect on the circulation of the de-oxygenated and oxygenated blood from the heart and to the heart is classified by the heart specialist as vascular disorder. The long term conditions of this disease are described as being chronic. This is the reason why the disease deserves a lot of attention in order to fight it and manage it. Many people have died simply because of not being aware of the signs, causes and treatment options that they have for these ailment. Ignoring any weird signs in your body is ill advised as this could save your life in the long run.
Causes of Vascular Disease
An accumulation of cholesterol or fatty deposits in the vessels of the blood is the main cause of vascular ailments. The peripheral artery ailment is among these conditions that are caused by blockage of the arteries. The renal artery ailment is severe and is also caused by a block of the arteries and abnormal and congenital growth and the developments of the kidney, renal and the vessels of the urinary system. Other different types of chronic vascular conditions like the varicose veins are mainly caused by faulty valves that can be easily found in the veins that are responsible for the regulation of the blood flow. Smoking, hypertension as well as diets that are extremely rich in fats also cause some the chronic kind of vascular ailments like aneurysms. This is why people are encouraged to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Symptoms of Vascular Disease
Depending on the specific condition of the disease, there are multiple signs that may present themselves. For instance, some of the common signs include cardio myopathym, which is the abnormal size of the mass of the heart, breathlessness and chest pain. In some cases, patients may display a deep thrombosis or blood clot with pain and swelling in the lower parts of the body. Monitoring the blood pressure for any abnormalities is also essential.
In the past, the vascular disease was commonly referred to as the hardening of the arteries. However, today it is referred to as atherosclerosis. This kind of disorder can affect various parts of the body that include the legs, brains and heart. The seriousness of this disease cannot be underestimated since it leads to blood clots as well as heart attacks. The patients who are suffering from this disease are often treated with a combination of medication, exercise and diet.
It is worth noting that with this condition there is some blockages that is evident in the brain, that can cause an accumulation of the plaque and the results may end up as a stroke, vision complications or a mini stroke. Note that as the plaque keeps growing a blockage will appear causing loss of speech, arm and leg weakness as well as paralysis. In majority of the cases, as the doctors analyze the brain, they can also notice some abnormalities in the pulse rate. Take note that the early signs of vascular ailments can be detected by using chest X rays, ultrasounds, diagnostics of blood work and stress related tests.
Risk of Having Vascular Disease
Race, family history, age and gender usually determine the individual’s physical makeup and these are factors that cannot be changed. However, people have got control over the external factors that cause cardiovascular disease. Risks such as smoking and eating processed food can be controlled.
In order to prevent vascular disease, a healthy lifestyle has to be maintained. Foods that are rich in vegetables and fruits are the preferred choice. Avoid consuming red meat and instead you can eat poultry and fat. Of course, smoking should be avoided and exercises performed on a regular basis.
Treatment Options for Vascular Diseases
People are encouraged to make a complete change in their lifestyles in a bid to fight cardiovascular diseases. Habits such as smoking should be avoided and regular exercise is also encouraged. It is advisable to eat a balanced diet that is rich in foods that provide good cholesterol in the body. Highly saturated foods are discouraged since they cause an increase in the bad cholesterol and fatty deposits that are responsible for causing heart ailments.
The heart specialists may offer medication on a case to case basis. The aim of the medication is to protect the heart as well as improve its functionality. There are some medications that prevent the blood from clotting such as the blood thinners and anticoagulants. Such medication is often prescribed for those who have got chronic heart disease.
There are some treatment options that involve invasive approaches like placing a vascular stent so as to open up an artery or vein that is blocked. In extremely severe cases, the specialist may recommend you to go through a surgical by pass so as to address the issue of the arteries that are blocked especially in the heart. The medication that is prescribed assists in enabling smooth flow of the blood and reducing any build up of plaque on the vein walls and the arteries. This is why you should seek medical advice once you notice any kind of irregularities in the manner in which your body operates.
Parkway Heart & Vascular Centre’s main objective is to advance the treatment of heart diseases in Singapore and the region as well as offer advanced cardiovascular treatment comparable to the best heart centres in the world.