One of the easiest ways to transform the feel and mood of a room is to change the color of the walls. But a different color can be a major commitment, so you want to be sure of the shade you choose before you waste time and money on something that doesn’t suit your style.
Here are 5 of the top tips to help you pick the perfect paint color:
1. Lovely-Up with Lighting—
Does the room you’re painting have natural lighting, or do you depend on artificial sources to brighten the room? And if so, do you use gentle lamps, or do you prefer a radiant overhead light?
- If the room is naturally dark, you may want to choose a paler wall color to help reflect light. And if the room is naturally too bright, dark wall colors can make it easier on the eyes.
- Also: If you prefer a darker color, you can use man-made lighting to brighten the room, and paint any color you prefer. Everything is possible. Just be aware that paint can have a drastic effect on the lighting factor in a room, and adjust either your tone or light fixtures accordingly.
2. Magnify with Mood—
Before you choose a color palette for your room, consider what kind of a mood you want to create, because every color comes with a feeling. Psychologists have long studied colors, proving time and time again that color can absolutely shape the way we feel.
- Shades of cream, yellow and pale melon can create a cheerful atmosphere, for example, while an intense shade like red or dark purple can come across as intense or dramatic.
- Blues and greens are known for giving a soothing sense of ethereal tranquility, while shades of brown can create an earthy, grounding, natural vibe in a home. Use your favorite colors to convey exactly what you wish.
3. Tantalize with Textures—
If you want to add interest to a room, don’t forget that paint is more than one-dimensional and comes in many different finishes.
- If you want to increase the brightness of a room, use a satin or gloss finish to increase reflectivity.
- If it’s too bright, try a flat paint to mellow it out.
- If the room feels boring, add a metallic or mineral finish or a color glaze to increase interest.
4. Start Small with Samples—
Scared of commitment? Never fear. There are baby steps you can take to build up to the big day.
- Paint sellers offer small samples of their colors so painters can affordably test a shade to see how it will look in real life.
- Another good way to start small if you are a tentative, beginning painter is to start with a smaller room, like a half bath or laundry room. This will be less overwhelming, allow you to practice your painting, and bolster your confidence to move up to bigger and better rooms.
5. Attract with Opposites—
Pay attention to the color wheel when painting, or anytime you’re decorating.
- Sometimes you can use colors from the same family for a marvelously monochromatic scheme, like a room with varying shades of purple, from dark plum to pale lilac, for example.
- If you want to spice things up, add a pop of color from the other side of the color wheel. Got a placid sky blue room that needs a spark? Add a bright orange decorating highlight, like a fiery orange vase.
Don’t be afraid to try new things. Test a color you wouldn’t have thought would work: that unusual hue might surprise you by being exactly the shade you wanted. If you keep the above tips in mind, you can choose your new wall colors with confidence, and be on your way to making the interior decorating statement that best represents you.
Dan Patterson is a professional blogger that provides news and advice for home remodeling, construction and general construction contractors in Cleveland. He writes for West Construction, the top construction company for kitchen, basement and bathroom remodeling in Cleveland OH.
Is the brick wall outside your house marked with graffiti? Graffiti is scratching of pictures, symbols, and letters on the walls, sidewalks, and buildings with paint or other materials. Of these, paint is the most difficult to remove, but not impossible. Here are a few tips to remove graffiti from brick
Removing Spray Paint Graffiti from Brick Walls
Spray paint looks permanent, but it can be easily removed using various solvents or pressure washing.
This is the best and most recommended method of removing spray paint graffiti. Pressure washing involves using a wide-nozzle pressure washer under 700 psi. The wide-nozzle will ensure that no etchings are left behind, and the low pressure ensures that the brick colour does not change from red to orange
To remove graffiti using pressure wash, follow the steps given below
1. Before you begin washing, place water absorbing mats in the surrounding area to ensure that the chemicals do not get into creeks. Wear safety goggles and rubber gloves.
2. Holding the washer at a distance of 3 feet from the brick wall, wet the wall and the graffiti.
3. Use a small quantity of paint stripper to cover the graffiti and the brick wall. Use a paintbrush. Let it remain for 10-15 minutes.
4. Scrub the graffiti off the brick using a scrub.
5. Rinse using the power washer.
Mineral spirits, lacquer thinner, and methylene chloride are also used to remove paint-based graffiti from brick.
a) Mineral Spirits – These do not leave behind any odour. You can also use turpentine to remove graffiti, in the absence of mineral spirits. Saturate an old cloth with the solution and moisten the graffiti. Let it remain for 10 minutes before cleaning it.
b) Lacquer Thinner – This is more effective than mineral spirits. Scrub the graffiti with the thinner to remove it.
c) Methylene Chloride – This solvent is also commonly used for cleaning the paint brushes. It is harmful, and you should always wear mask and gloves before using it.
There are two methods of blasting – sandblasting and soda blasting.
This is a lesser-known method of removing graffiti from a brick wall. It is best not to attempt doing sandblasting by yourself as it may cause pores in the brick that can weaken the wall. Also, sandblasting must not be done aggressively. Call a professional to remove graffiti using sandblasting technique.
When using a sandblaster, keep the tip of the device moving over the graffiti and the other areas of the brick.
Soda Blasting Technique
You can also try baking soda blaster. This is a new method of blasting and is very effective. It is also an eco-friendly method, as no chemicals are used. Soda blasting is FDA approved.
The technique involves using soda bicarbonate, which is eco-friendly and water-soluble. It does not cause contamination and does not leave behind unpleasant odour. Another advantage is that it is inexpensive and therefore, everyone can afford it.
Soda is propelled using a low pressure and high volume dry or wet machine on the graffiti. When the soda blast comes into contact with the graffiti, the soda particles explode, causing release of energy. This energy removes the graffiti without causing any damage to the surface.
Soda blasting is a type of a graffiti cleaning method. The only disadvantage is that it leaves behind a white residue.
It is always good to do a small patch test on a small area on the brick wall before you attempt to remove the graffiti. This is essential for good results.
Graffiti is found in almost all urban areas. The removal of graffiti is time-consuming and exhausting. But, using pressure-washing techniques along with soda bicarbonate ensures clean bricks. The technique is also environment friendly. Take safety precautions before you start with the removal.
About the author:
Martin Softly operated Graffiti Removal Perth, experts in removing graffiti from brick and other surfaces.
In today’s medical field, advanced medicines and procedures are around that people would not believe just 100 years ago. Of all the advancements of modern healthcare, one procedure has changed the face of modern medicine forever; literally. That of course is plastic surgery. Plastic surgery is a quickly expanding market for the purpose of reshaping one’s physical characteristics for the enhancement of one’s appearance. The technical term for cosmetic surgery is medical aesthetics. Here is a list of some of the most common forms of medical aesthetics that are performed millions of times a year in America.
1) Lipoplasty: This is a form of cosmetic surgery that helps the patient sculpt their body. This is a very popular surgery in America which helps eliminate pockets of fat including “love handles” and “Saddle bags”. The surgery is fairly quick and requires the doctor to simply vacuum the fat out of the region that is to be reduced. The surgery is fairly safe and the patient should be back to full production within a week.
2) Breast Augmentation: This is a medical prosthesis to help modify, shape, or recreate the physical form of a womans breast. Breast implants are filled with saline or silicone bags that are surgically inserted under a woman’s breast to enhance the shape and size. Although used in cosmetics, it is also very commonly used in breast cancer reconstruction after the cancer is removed.
3) Blepharoplasty: Also known as eyelid surgery helps to tighten loose skin or remove bags from the bottom eyelid and reduce wrinkles. The surgery works by performing external incisions into the skin below the eye, and removing excess fat from the area. The results of the surgery are also not immediate, but require a several months until final results are noticeable and stable.
4) Rhinoplasty: Or the nose job is the surgical procedure which reshapes and corrects the nose. This is a very difficult surgery because there are so many variables involved. Everybody has a different nose and for this the surgery requires a specialist. Different types of Rhinoplasty include nasal reconstruction, surgical anatomy for nasal reconstruction, and correction of defect and deformity. Each operation has several techniques and principles to follow. However, modern medical advances and research have made the operation relatively safe, and cosmetically a nose can be reshaped just about any way a patient would like to have it be formed too.
Bard PVOEM is a top ePTFE manufacturer and a trusted name in the medical field for reconstructive surgery materials.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t check my Facebook or read a beauty or health article without coming across coconut oil. So what is it good for, and why is it so popular right now? I did a little research AFTER I bought my virgin, unrefined organic cocunut oil from my local Sprouts, and I am so excited to give it a try! I am always looking for a way to take care of myself with a 100% natural regimen. Cocunut oil is not only great for your skin, it is also great for your health. Here are some of the most popular things cocunut oil is used for.
1. Skin moisturizer. One of the leading uses for cocunut oil is for the treatment of psoriasis, a skin condition involving extremely dry skin. Even for all of us with relatively dry skin, we can apply it all over our body literally from head to toe to help with any dry skin issues we may have.
2. Facial. Coconut oil is kind of a miracle oil it seems. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties. So what does this mean for all of us 30-somethings that have acne AND wrinkles and don’t want to resort to chemicals?! We have help! Coconut oil will help your acne blemishes heal faster and will keep your skin moisturized to help wrinkles as well. The antioxidant properties of coconut oil is what helps fight those wrinkles, and this all-natural oil is perfect for the delicate skin around your eyes!
3. Cooking oil. It can be used to replace any other fat you use to cook with for the most part. Use it instead of butter or margarine when sauteeing, etc. It is meant for use at medium heat on the stove, so for a very high heat recipe, stick with olive or canola oil. I use it to cook eggs for my family even, and it gives them a really nice flavor!
4. Exfoliant. Add some granulated sugar to some coconut oil and you have a natural exfoliant! It smells and feels great on your skin. Use it anywhere on your body except your face – any exfoliant that is not perfectly spherical can make microscopic cuts in your delicate facial skin and make acne and wrinkles actually worse. I am personally going to put this in a mason jar to keep in my bathroom for the bath and my hands!
5. Hair treatment. Apply the coconut oil to the ends of your hair to give it a nourishing oil treatment and help repair split ends. Apply it to you or your baby’s scalp and it helps with dandruff or cradle cap. I’m telling you – this stuff is amazing!
6. Dietary supplement. Take up to 3 Tbsp. a day in your regular diet to boost your overall health. It has so many benefits I can’t list them all here, so check out this Dr. Oz article for the dietary benefits of cocunut oil. It helps everything from candidas to raising your good cholesterol and lowering your bad cholesterol.
So go and get yourself a jar of unrefined, organic coconut oil and clean out all of your chemical products you haven’t used in the last year and get on track to a glowing, more youthful you!
Author bio: Karen is a writer for Fort Worth Security Systems and can be found typing away with her coconut-moisturized fingers and youthful, glowing face.
Summer is the best time for barbecue parties. When you organize one with friends, you need not go further then your backyard or the front lawn, thus you are sure that all you need is just inside the kitchen. Having a barbecue or a cookout in your home is cheaper and assures you that everything you need is within easy reach.
The children can join in the fun by playing together and help in preparing the barbecue. The wives can prepare the meat and other foods while the husbands can get the pit going while having ice cold beer without any fear that you will run out!
With almost everything within arm’s reach, the lawn chairs and all that, the children will have a more enjoyable time since they are in familiar territory negating the necessity of somebody being in charge to watch over them if you go to the campgrounds, the beach or the mountains.
Having quality time with your family, relatives or friends at your home or theirs is an alternative mode of recreation that only requires creativity to make it a more enjoyable event. It can be more enjoyable for the kids if parlor games are made up for them; optionally, they can also participate in getting the place ready for the event.
Lawn barbecue parties are less stressful too. It offers more time for enjoyment and less time for preparation and after-event cleaning up and packing. There is negligible traveling required. Less hassle for more fun times – both for you and the children.
When planning an outdoor activity, don’t forget to consider the weather. If it is too hot, too cold, or there is a storm, revise some plans or reschedule your activity as necessary.
Everything is set, you have all the gear and supplies, the children are antsy, then the storm hits! All your pre-activity planning and checklists suddenly become useless on the day you chose to have a cookout simply because you failed to check the weather forecast. If the weather becomes too hot or too cold, or if you are traveling towards an area where a storm is presently causing mayhem – all your preparation would have been for nothing!
Rescheduling your plans is easy but it will certainly dampen the moment. It is best to always have an alternative plan of action or activity should uncontrollable disasters like the weather take control.
Getting the weather forecast a few days in advance is easily managed by logging on to the Internet and downloading the weather report not only for your city but for your destination as well. It is better to have this information factored in and handy. Alternative activities can then be planned with the whole family, just in case. Bad weather does not necessarily mean cancellation but adjustments of plans, even postponements, are obligatory.
The logistics of planning a family outdoor activity is not limited to the gear and supplies but also include checking the weather forecast before your outdoor activities. A lot of things depend on the weather being perfect for the outdoor activity. There is no sense in having a cookout, a barbecues or a camping trip if you end up looking at each other in the living room or sleeping in motel rooms because you forgot to check the weather forecast.
Psoriasis is usually a lifelong affliction that plagues many of its sufferers. Characterised by silvery white or red scales that are itchy and irritating, this disease manifests itself the aforementioned unsightly patches on the skin, discomfort and is sometimes downright painful. Unfortunately there is no magic cure for this skin ailment much to the chagrin of the lifelong sufferers of this problem, however in most cases it is possible to control the occurrences of psoriasis and also curb and even stop the symptoms to a large extent.
Although not a contagious disease, psoriasis is definitely a wide spread one. Millions around the world suffers from it in one of its many forms namely plaque psoriasis, guttate psoriasis, pustular psoriasis, erythrodermic psoriasis and inverse psoriasis. The patches typically occur on the knees and elbows, but can also be seen on other parts of the body like soles of the feet, the genitals, the scalp and palms of the hands.
The exact cause of why one suffers from this disease is not entirely certain but there are various factors that make it worse and even increase the frequency of psoriasis flare ups. Environmental and genetic factors could both come into play and therefore since it is not entirely clear it becomes difficult to treat. Factors like dry under moisturised skin, obesity, improper diet, smoking and more can all further aggravate the problem and lead to frequent inflammation, when not in control.
Let us take a look at a few different modes used to treat psoriasis and to control it recurrence -
There are different topical solutions available today in the market that you can apply for relief. Special medicated psoriasis cream either by prescription or over the counter could provide relief to you. Another way to keep your condition in check is to use a heavy, good quality moisturiser every day. Dry skin further aggravates the problem, therefore regular moisturising is a must. These can be extremely helpful in reducing flaking, peeling and dryness.
If you suffer from scalp psoriasis, look for a psoriasis cream or moisturiser with salicylic acid which is known to help promote skin shedding.
Psoriasis sufferers also recommend the use of coal tar as a topical application on the skin. An age old mode of treatment, the exact cause of why it helps is not clearly known but it does provide relief from inflammation, itching and scaling. Keep in mind though coal tar can stain your clothes and tends to have a noticeable odour.
Health & Dietary Changes
A well balanced and nutritious diet plays a major role in psoriasis treatment, as it does in almost every other form of health issue. Look for special balanced diet programs that are chock a block with anti-inflammatory foods. It is recommended that you limit your intake of caffeine, alcohol and other dehydrating liquids and also quit smoking.
It is also essential to keep yourself well hydrated and drink the recommended amount of water. This will also keep your skin nourished and more supple and less prone to excessive dryness.
Obesity can also further aggravate your psoriasis problem. Make sure you start a good workout regimen and get your weight under control if it is a problem. These measures will help manage your symptoms and make you feel better overall too.
Natural and artificial light is said to help the symptoms of psoriasis when used in recommended quantities. UVB Light Therapy is one of the many treatments a patient can opt for for relief.
Julie Rafter is a health and medical writer who regularly contributes to blogs and medical publications. A psoriasis sufferer herself she believes that medicated psoriasis cream and dietary changes have made a big impact on her condition. In her spare time she loves to read and knit.
Many allergy sufferers are very familiar with the troubles that carpets in the home can cause. There are many tiny particles ranging from pet dander to dust, pollen and dirt which are trapped in the carpet and can trigger allergic reactions. Even people who are not normally affected by allergies can succumb to allergic reactions if a carpet has been neglected in a long time.
Vacuuming the Carpet is Not Enough
The solution to decreasing the event of an allergic reaction is keeping the carpeted area clean. But this remedy for many proves to be more difficult that one might think.
The most common tool to clean a carpet is a vacuum cleaner. Instead of decreasing the presence of allergens, a vacuum often simply kicks the dust, dirt and debris back up into the area. This makes the situation worse for the person suffering from allergies. Many people would resort to chemical and commercial cleaning agents to remedy the problem, but there lies another danger. Without even realising it, these chemicals are dangerous and can cause allergic reactions themselves.
Solution for Allergy Sufferers?
There are always options for those willing to spend the time and energy to look for a better way to clean carpets without aggravating allergies. Following the steps below will put you on the right track towards excellent indoor health, which is free from both naturally occurring and chemically induced allergic triggers.
1. Look for Environmental Protection Agency approved cleaning agents.
There are ‘green’ cleaning chemicals out there which are both beneficial for the environment and your own personal health. It is easy to identify which cleaning products have been declared safe and ‘green’. Looking for the EPA logo on the packaging. If you are using a commercial cleaning service, be sure to choose one which uses environmentally friendly products.
2. Switch to steam cleaning.
Steam cleaning is gaining popularity as a method of cleaning. There are a number of common stains which can be removed with a steam carpet cleaner using only water or a small amount of an additional substance. There are also environmentally friendly products that can be used with a steam cleaner. For example, there is a safe and EPA-approved carpet cleaner and other natural products like vinegar, baking soda etc. Steam cleaners are less costly than they used to be and many people often have a small steam cleaner in their home. Using the steam cleaner, allow carpets to completely dry to reduce the risk of increasing allergens like mold and mildew.
3. Enlist professional help.
For a person with allergies, cleaning is a must and sometimes tedious. For people with allergies, it is recommended to vacuum the carpet from 3 to 14 times per week to decrease the event of an allergy attack.
Suffering from allergies may seem the easy option rather than dedicating your life to a stringent cleanliness routine. A solution is a professional cleaning service that can handle the brunt of the cleaning work.
Choosing a service requires extensive research, especially one that specialises in reducing reduction of allergens (with the option of using environmentally friendly products). It might be the best to get some help and hire someone to take on a share of the load. Whether for home or office, this option can save you time and decrease allergic reactions at once.
This guest post was written by Sharon Freeman, an Australian freelance writer and blogger. She has been writing about commercial cleaning services and workplace cleanliness articles for companies like http://cleangroup.com.au/
People are getting more and more aware of the environment these days as well as the importance for maintaining the precious ecological balance, as it is already a precarious one. Wastage and pollution are serious issues of concern and rightly so. Thus it comes as no surprise that home owners and property owners in general are becoming more and more conscientious when it comes to inculcating eco friendly practices at work or home.
Real estate developers too are incorporating more environmentally friendly practices in the design, construction and implementation of their projects. Real estate developers are also becoming more careful about incorporating greener practices and facilities for residents within residential complexes itself as seen in many upcoming residential projects In Mumbai and other major cities. Going green does not necessarily mean communes in the open country side and only eco friendly projects based in wide open spaces as was the stereotype some year ago. Ecologically friendlier design and construction is now part of the main stream real estate industry and a common feature in major cities and towns.
So what does eco friendly real estate development really look like. Companies today are incorporating different kinds of practices that will help them be more ‘green’ and help give their customers a chance to take part in the environmentally aware norms of today’s day and age. A few common measures that real estate development leaders are taking today are -
* More eco friendly construction – Many builders today are opting to use building and construction materials that are local to the area. This not only boosts local businesses but also greatly cuts down the distance the goods travel thereby decreasing fuel consumption, lessening traffic pollution and the like.
* Alternative sources of energy – Seeing as now electricity shortages are part of the reality in many places around the world. Newer modes of power generation are being implemented in many projects this year. Options for solar energy and solar panels as well as other renewable sources are being introduced very often as a back up source of power.
* More eco friendly architecture and design – Real estate developers and architects are now coming up with constructions that maximise the placement of their windows and other ventilation sources. Making sure you get as much natural light in the day as possible, placing doors and windows such that it is cooler in the heat and warmer in the cold and other such innovative changes is helping people cut down on lighting, heating and cooling and thereby their power consumption.
* Recycling and better waste management systems – Recycling and waste management have become big focal points in real estate development today. Provisions for recycling in residential complexes as well as more eco friendly waste management systems are marked features in many upcoming projects in 2013.
* Water issues – Water shortage is a threat nowadays in many parts of the world and a scary one at that. Provisions for rain water harvesting as well as reusing water are practices that many people are adopting in their properties.
You will find various real estate developers adopting more environmentally conscious behaviours and practices in projects today. If this is an area of concern to you and you want be more ‘green’, look for special projects in housing and commercial real estate.
Bio – Rakesh Gadgil is an architect and has been in the industry for 7 years now. Extremely passionate about environmental issues he has endeavoured to incorporate better usage of resources on some of the upcoming residential projects in Mumbai he has worked on. When not at work you will find him on treks and wildlife holidays.
Mattresses are often dumped in landfills and that can have serious adverse environmental effects. Not only do these mattresses take more than 20 cubic feet each, but they also are not something that would compress or decompose any sooner. In fact, it can take decades for a mattress to get complete decomposed. A huge part of over 20 million of mattresses in U.S. is dumped in open landfills. We can’t even imagine how much and what all we can save by recycling these mattresses. Managing and creating mattresses is an expensive affair, and they always chew off a huge portion of money of the taxpayers in the country. The life of various landfills can be extended by many more years if we consider green mattresses or mattress recycling.
Importance of Recycling
Dumping the not-in-use mattresses in various landfills can pose a serious threat to our environment. The chemicals in these mattresses are flame retardant in nature and can easily out in the soil, water and air. The chemicals are dangerous enough to cause neurobehavioral changes and damage to the immune system in our bodies. They also contain VOCs or volatile organic compounds that act like an irritant for our respiratory systems and few other vital body parts.
These are some of the top reasons why it is important to recycle our mattresses that are no more in use. Many items in the mattresses like foam, cotton, metal, wood etc can be easy recycled into something important and useful. The cotton and clothes in mattress can be recycled into rugs and clothes and wood found these can be cut into many wood pieces. Similarly, even metal parts and foam can be recycled for many purposes.
How to Recycle the Mattresses?
Let us now take a look at some of the common ways of recycling mattresses. If you think your current mattress is in a pretty good condition but you still want to purchase a new one consider not to dump it anywhere, but donate it. Advertise your donation through websites like Freecycle.org and Craigslist.com. If you are planning to give it to a charity, you may have to check their guidelines as there are few laws in place to be followed before giving away your mattresses to a charity. This is mainly due hygienic and sanitary reasons.
Today, you don’t really have to struggle to find a good recycling centre for your mattress. Of course, earlier it took a bit of an effort on your part as the number of recycling centre was much less but today things have changed. A website like Earth911.com can help you in finding one of the mattress recycling centers in your region.
On the website, you have to fill in some information to get the desired result. Feed in the name of the item that you want to recycle then mention your city, zip code, state etc. After performing the search, you can see various centers, their contact details and addresses. These people can either pick your old mattress from your place or you may have to deliver them to the centre.
No matter how you decide to do away with your old mattress, make it a point to recycle it, and not to dump it simply!
About the author:
This article was written by Ashley Hawkins. She is a professional freelance writer from Alabama. You can follow her on twitter for more articles about home decor ideas. @itsmeashley2013.
There comes a time in every parent’s life when their little angel will go through huge changes both physically and emotionally within a span of a few years. Adolescence has become a difficult point in the relationship for both teenager and parents alike. While it is best to avoid conflicts, psychologists and therapists have reiterated that such disagreements are perfectly normal in any relationship. However, they have indicated that the managing of such clashes will be the defining factor for how the family’s relationships will develop. Adolescence is the point in a person’s life wherein they will embark on a journey of self-discovery and try to gain some manner of independence. The problem is that at this point, adolescents are still largely unprepared to deal with what life can bring. Understanding the emotional roller coaster that teenagers are facing is important. Acknowledging factors in their environment such as other family members and their peers is essential to being able to form a truly meaningful bond with them. For parents, this request for some independency should not be misinterpreted as a direct questioning of their authority. Everyone is free to choose what their beliefs and values will be, the role of the parents is to guide their child to the right path and then let them choose for themselves which of the various roads to take.
As much as possible, avoiding squabbles over trivial things like the child’s fashion choices or their other points of interest is important in order to manage a healthy relationship between parents and their children. These are all part of the child’s experience in self-discovery; the only time that parents should put their foot down is when they notice serious problems brewing such as violent tendencies and illegal substance abuse. It is not only the child that should know where their boundaries lay; parents should also know exactly where the line is between their responsibility to their child and the child’s privacy. This is the most common reason over arguments between parents and their children as some parents try to control every facet of their child’s life. Though sometimes, children misinterpret a parent’s genuine care as meddling with their personal affairs. It is important to point out that in any relationship, understanding and trust is the rope that holds everything together.
These conflicts must be viewed as a part of a relationship and must be used in the personal and emotional growth for both parties. Such arguments can be settled quickly if both parent and children are willing to talk it over calmly. Chances are that their relationship will come out stronger if handled correctly and with understanding.
Disagreements are a common occurrence in any relationship. No one can be expected to be exactly alike and must be able to coexist comfortably even with their faults and shortcomings affecting one another. Bonds are made stronger through every test passed and passing these trials involves efforts on both sides. Family bonds are some of the strongest a person can make; hence, it is that relationship that routinely remains strong even in the face of great adversity.
About the author:
Serena Bjork is one of the more experienced board-certified psychologists in California. She is known for her unique approach in conducting her psychiatric therapies, which are akin to the practices of a famous psychologist Samuelle Klein Von Reiche.