Driving smart is a good way to save yourself some money, and help the environment, the whole world would benefit as well. How can you make a difference to the environment with your driving?
Here are seven nifty tips that you can do right to save you money and help the environment as well.
1. The very best thing you can do to help the environment with your car is cut down on your driving! All the same, you may not have that option, so drive slower instead. Most cars perform best at speeds of between 80 km/h to 100 km/h. Not too slow and not too fast is how to driving smart.
2. An astonishing 20% of your vehicle’s fuel consumption is used just to overcoming tire rolling resistance! How can you drive smart and save fuel in these conditions? Buy quality tires and make sure they are properly inflated will save on your gas bills!
3. Lighten up the load in your vehicle. I am sure there are many things in the trunk that do not need to be there. Go through each item and see if you really need it, remove it if is not needed. You can drive smart, save money with a lighter load. That will help your car be more fuel efficient too.
4. Turn off your engine while you wait if you are expected to be waiting more than a few minutes. Restarting your engine use up more or less about the same amount of fuel as one minute of idling time, so whenever you think you will be idling for more than a minute, turn off the engine. You will save fuel and money – saving wear and tear on the engine as well.
5. Drive smoothly. Erratic driving with sudden accelerating and hard braking uses up extra fuel. It puts excess wear and tear on your vehicle, which means additional costs to you and the environment.
Learning to driving smart, save money is mostly common sense. If you really need to drive, then be sure to drive with responsibly and sensibly. Notwithstanding, if you can walk easily to where you need to be, then do so! Use these 7 nifty tips to save you money when you have to use your vehicle to get to where you are going.